The benefits of CAM
An overview of the benefits of CAM.
- CAM is aimed at restoring the patients’ own natural systems for fighting disease and maintaining health and is therefore highly relevant in chronic disease management.
- CAM helps reduce the need of high-impact medical interventions and conventional prescription drugs and the long-term dependency on them.
- CAM helps reduce the need of antibiotics, thus reducing the problem of antimicrobial resistance.
- CAM is characterised by high patient satisfaction, increased quality of life, and reduction of absenteeism.
- CAM is mostly low-cost treatment and helps reduce the need for high-cost interventions
- CAM is a safe treatment with hardly any adverse effects.
- There is increasing evidence for CAM's effectiveness and cost-effectiveness.