EUROCAM is the European foundation uniting umbrella organisations of patients, physicians, veterinarians and practitioners in the sector of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Through these umbrella organisations, EUROCAM represents 60,000 organised patients/citizens, 250 national CAM associations and a substantial part of the 400,000 physicians, veterinarians and practitioners in this sector across Europe. 50% of the European population uses CAM for their needs.
EU Transparency Register
EUROCAM is registered in the EU Transparency Register under Identification number 659086014916-83.
EUROCAM’s aim is to promote the contribution of CAM to better health in Europe.
EUROCAM’s objectives are
- promoting and facilitating CAM’s role in enhancing and maintaining citizens' health
- highlighting the health promotion and illness prevention aspects of CAM for EU public health policy and programmes
- advancing the accessibility, affordability and availability of CAM.
Relevant policy implementation, public relations and communication activities
- engagement as a stakeholder in the development of EU policies related to public health, healthcare, research, social, economic, regional and other relevant areas
- conferences and Interest Group meetings at the European Parliament
- liaising with members of the European Parliament
- meetings with officials at relevant Directorates-General
- involvement and participation in EU programmes
- publications on CAM and its benefits for EU public health policies
- advocacy work at EU and national level
- strengthening the coherence of the CAM stakeholders
- cooperation with like-minded NGOs
- pursuing access to EU funding.
- European Ayurveda Association – EEAA
- European Central Council of Homeopaths – ECCH
- European Committee for Homeopathy – ECH
- European Council of Doctors for Plurality in Medicine – ECPM
- European Federation of Homeopathic Patients' Associations – EFHPA
- European Federation and Forum for Osteopathy – EFFO
- European Federation of Patients' Organisations for Anthroposophic Medicine – EFPAM
- European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association – EHTPA
- European Traditional Chinese Medicine Association – ETCMA
- International Association for Veterinary Homeopathy – IAVH
- International Council of Medical Acupuncture and Related Techniques – ICMART
- International Federation of Anthroposophic Arts and Eurythmy Therapies – IFAAET
- International Federation of Anthroposophic Medical Associations – IVAA
- Register Beroepsbeoefenaren Complememtaire Zorg - RBCZ
International and European umbrella organisations that are affiliated to EUROCAM constitute the General Board.
EUROCAM's support team comprises 4 members qualified in the fields of health, policy-making and communication.
Plans for the coming year
- Further collaborating with researchers on CAM and AMR
- Working on a closer relationship with NCD Alliance, European Patient Forum, WHO
- Liaising with ENVI committee and other MEPs about including CAM in health policy issues
- Joining the Chronic Disease and Healthy Ageing Joint Action
- Getting more involved in the Health Policy Platform
- Contacting the next Commission, MEP candidates and all parties' Spitzenkandidaten about the need for inclusion of CAM into EU health policies
- Finding common ground with the medical world.